The new GDPR regulations come into force on 25 May 2018. You will have more rights concerning your personal information and organisations will be more accountable for the information they hold.
In short, we only gather the information we need to allow us to function as a business. We will not share data with third-parties (unless listed below, such as Mailchimp and Google Analytics – two services which assist us in the running of our business). We will not sell your information and promise to keep your data safe on our secure website, hosted on UK-based servers.
The data controller and owner is Toyville Limited. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office and our registration number is ZA188257. Our data protection officer is Lindsay Meyer-Nicholas.
- If you place an order with us, your personal data will be used to provide the information we need to properly fulfil your order. We will not use your details to send you marketing information, nor will we pass your details on to third parties. We may use your information to contact you in case something has gone wrong with your order or if there has been a recall notice on a product.
- Order data will be kept for 6 years from the end of the last company financial year it relates to, in line with HMRC guidance.
- You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org at any point if you would like us to remove the data we hold on you, in line with the GDPR right to be forgotten.
Toyalty Points Loyalty Scheme
- If you join our loyalty scheme in store, we will collect information on your orders in order to give you points which can be used for discounts on future purchases. If you sign up in store, the only personal data we collect is your name and email address.
- Your loyalty points information will be stored for as long as you are an active customer but you can request to be forgotten at any time by contacting email@example.com
- When you join our loyalty scheme you will receive an email asking if you would like to join our mailing list. If you do not subscribe, you will not receive any marketing emails from us.
- We will not pass your information on to any other organisations.
- If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products or services.
- We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletters, approximately 4 times a year.
- Your email address will only be used to send these infrequent newsletters via Mailchimp, relating to Toyville’s news, products and events. We will not pass your details on to other companies.
- Any email we send through MailChimp will contain an easy-to-use link to unsubscribe at any time, or you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Social media contact
- If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored by the relevant social media application (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram). It will not be shared with any other organisations. You can request for a message to be deleted at any time, in line with your GDPR right to be forgotten.
Website contact form
- If you use our website contact form to get in touch with us, we will collect data on your name, email address and enquiry. We will use and keep this information for the purpose of dealing with your query only, and will not pass your details on to any third parties (unless you have explicitly requested this)
- Your contact form submission will be stored on our web server for as long as it is needed and you can request that all details of your enquiry be deleted at any point by emailing email@example.com
Cookies & monitoring
- When someone visits toyvilleshop.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information such as the IP address of your computer and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out information such as sources of traffic to our website and the number of visitors to various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We collect this information in order to make ongoing improvements to our website and to see our most popular sources of business.
- We use a cookie consent plugin to show a pop-up message to notify you of cookies on our website. This plugin puts a cookie on your computer so that you’re not shown the message again once you have accepted it. This plugin does not gather any personal information such as IP address.
Complaints or queries
- Toyville strives to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. We encourage you to get in touch if you think that we are being in any way misleading about the information we collect, or if you think any aspect of our data collection is inappropriate. Any complaints we receive will be taken extremely seriously.
- If you have any suggestions on how we can improve the way we deal with data then please do contact us! We are a small, family run business and have interpreted advice from the ICO and other sources to the best of our ability.
- If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact the ICO – www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
Access to personal information
We want it to be easy to find out if we hold any personal information on you. To do so, you can contact us at Toyville, 9 North Street, Bristol, BS3 1EN or firstname.lastname@example.org. If we do hold any information on you we will:
- give you a description of the data;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to update your information or correct any mistakes in our data
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal data:
- If we sell our business as a going concern, your data such as loyalty scheme points and order data for accounting purposes, will be passed on to the new owner(s). If you are signed up to our mailing list, this will also be passed on to the new owner(s), and we will ensure that this is for the purpose of emailing you about Toyville only.
- In cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
To find out what information we hold on you, or to update or correct any of this information, please contact the data controller at email@example.com.
Changes to this privacy notice
Our privacy notice is under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 16 December 2019.